dancing queen, young and sweet, only 23!
23 is the number of birthday's I have had, or in eastern U.S., will have in another 20 minutes. I'm neither excited, nor super duper depressed that I've reach the grand old age of 23. It could be a different matter if my birthday coincided with graduation or starting a job, but as all these events have come and gone, I await my birthday without any expectation that something momentous is about to happen. In some way, that's a good thing, because I dont think I can handle something new and big exploding in my face so soon after moving and working and all that jazz...
So tomorrow, I am going to take things slow, I am not going to go out partying like crazy. I have indeed completed all my rites of passage, so there is no need for that this year. Likewise, without Pakshun around, I dont need anyone to wine and dine me, or to waste inordinate amounts of time and effort to throw me a surprise party. There is no need to impress people on the fact that its my birthday, family and close friends remember and celebrate it with me in their own quirky ways without me having to send blast voice and emails. Instead, I spent the last 3 hours ktv-ing and having dinner with close friends, will go out for a quiet brunch with colleagues tomorrow morning and then having a home-cooked meal with my roommates in the evening.
But what do I want for my 23rd year of existence? I want to get through the year without getting fired, I want to save up so that I can give my parents 家用 instead of having to swipe papa's credit card, and I want to learn to love God and appreciate the people He has put in my life more. Hopefully things will work out...
So tomorrow, I am going to take things slow, I am not going to go out partying like crazy. I have indeed completed all my rites of passage, so there is no need for that this year. Likewise, without Pakshun around, I dont need anyone to wine and dine me, or to waste inordinate amounts of time and effort to throw me a surprise party. There is no need to impress people on the fact that its my birthday, family and close friends remember and celebrate it with me in their own quirky ways without me having to send blast voice and emails. Instead, I spent the last 3 hours ktv-ing and having dinner with close friends, will go out for a quiet brunch with colleagues tomorrow morning and then having a home-cooked meal with my roommates in the evening.
But what do I want for my 23rd year of existence? I want to get through the year without getting fired, I want to save up so that I can give my parents 家用 instead of having to swipe papa's credit card, and I want to learn to love God and appreciate the people He has put in my life more. Hopefully things will work out...

1 Comments:
Hey RUOXI!
Happy belated Birthday!
I didn't forget! But i wasn't in Singapore, so didn't join in the emailing etc to wish you.
So yes, I am late in wishing you..but you were or are in my mind. =)
Post a Comment
<< Home