I'm that girl
Ruoying made me do this...
I'm that girl who burst out of her mother's womb shrieking and with a head full of hair
I'm that girl who was highly territorial, who as an infant, started crying in protest whenever unfamiliar people took rides on her father's car
I'm that child with showgirl ambitions, who loved to stage her own sing and dance shows in her grandmother's bedroom
I was the girl who was also the elder sister, who acted as the principal whenever my cousins and sisters played teacher teacher
I was the girl who knew she wanted to weat suits and high heels to work
I was then the girl who grew 10 kilos too fat and had cases of bad acne that never quite went away... a ton of good that did to my self- esteem
I was the girl who subconsciously tried to forget her pudgy and unattractive adolescent years, and have succeeded. I unfortunately cannot remember anything between ages 13-16 and do not want to be reminded
I was then the girl who became reserved and slow to warm up to people. It never felt that horrible then but in retrospect I was and still is anti-social
I was the girl who found a community of friends in choir at 17 and whom they have not given up on despite the years of being apart
I am that girl, armed with a degree and no real purpose in life except to come to new york because tt's what people with economic degrees do
I'm that girl who's easing into the workplace trying not to be embroiled in office politics but can't help being gossipy when things do happen
I'm that girl who doesn't appreciate her boyfriend enough, who complains when he doesn't call and second guesses his words over the phone
I'm also that girl whose said boyfriend is extremely patient and willing to wait for her half way across the world. For that I count myself lucky
I'm the girl grateful for what she has but will never be content
On the other hand I'm the girl who doesn't want to blinded by false idols like wealth and success
I'm the girl totally reliant on the grace and power of God
I'm that girl who burst out of her mother's womb shrieking and with a head full of hair
I'm that girl who was highly territorial, who as an infant, started crying in protest whenever unfamiliar people took rides on her father's car
I'm that child with showgirl ambitions, who loved to stage her own sing and dance shows in her grandmother's bedroom
I was the girl who was also the elder sister, who acted as the principal whenever my cousins and sisters played teacher teacher
I was the girl who knew she wanted to weat suits and high heels to work
I was then the girl who grew 10 kilos too fat and had cases of bad acne that never quite went away... a ton of good that did to my self- esteem
I was the girl who subconsciously tried to forget her pudgy and unattractive adolescent years, and have succeeded. I unfortunately cannot remember anything between ages 13-16 and do not want to be reminded
I was then the girl who became reserved and slow to warm up to people. It never felt that horrible then but in retrospect I was and still is anti-social
I was the girl who found a community of friends in choir at 17 and whom they have not given up on despite the years of being apart
I am that girl, armed with a degree and no real purpose in life except to come to new york because tt's what people with economic degrees do
I'm that girl who's easing into the workplace trying not to be embroiled in office politics but can't help being gossipy when things do happen
I'm that girl who doesn't appreciate her boyfriend enough, who complains when he doesn't call and second guesses his words over the phone
I'm also that girl whose said boyfriend is extremely patient and willing to wait for her half way across the world. For that I count myself lucky
I'm the girl grateful for what she has but will never be content
On the other hand I'm the girl who doesn't want to blinded by false idols like wealth and success
I'm the girl totally reliant on the grace and power of God

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home