watching giants play
As a perk to being an employee in a firm that likes to sponsor things and get its name stamped on stadiums, I and the rest of my research class got to attend the opening game of US open 2005 earlier tonight. So despite it being a monday, people actually looked happy about being in the office and were busy checking espn.com and the official websites for the schedules. Purpose? The girls wanted to check out when andy roddick was playing and the guys maria sharapova's schedule.
In the end, the boys lucked out. Ms. Sharapova was exactly who we got to watch play against the number 62nd seed. Some girl, poor girl, having to play maria in the first match of the open... Maria amazed me. She is really as hot as she is in those canon commercials! So tall and powerful. And unlike the Williams' sisters who play like men, she still exudes femininity and grace while thrashing her opponent. Very impressed, but not to the extent that I would suddenly take up tennis in hopes of suddenly gaining enhanced locomotive abilities and perhaps 5 inches more.
The men's game we watched was between Andre Agassi and some romanian guy. Again, it was a lopsided match with Agassi dominating much of it. I was bored after a while and went shopping instead (yep, I somehow manage to buy things wherever i go). It was a rather funny game to watch though, whenever I was actually watching, because I had two Romanian friends sitting next to me who seemed like the only people actually not supporting agassi...hehe.... In the end, another enjoyable evening courtesy of my employer. Thank you!
In the end, the boys lucked out. Ms. Sharapova was exactly who we got to watch play against the number 62nd seed. Some girl, poor girl, having to play maria in the first match of the open... Maria amazed me. She is really as hot as she is in those canon commercials! So tall and powerful. And unlike the Williams' sisters who play like men, she still exudes femininity and grace while thrashing her opponent. Very impressed, but not to the extent that I would suddenly take up tennis in hopes of suddenly gaining enhanced locomotive abilities and perhaps 5 inches more.
The men's game we watched was between Andre Agassi and some romanian guy. Again, it was a lopsided match with Agassi dominating much of it. I was bored after a while and went shopping instead (yep, I somehow manage to buy things wherever i go). It was a rather funny game to watch though, whenever I was actually watching, because I had two Romanian friends sitting next to me who seemed like the only people actually not supporting agassi...hehe.... In the end, another enjoyable evening courtesy of my employer. Thank you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home