The misadventures of Samantha, the pink cactus

Tales of me and my cactus (don't you dare die on me now) as we maneuver our way through nyc

Friday, July 29, 2005

Outward Bound!

Went to outward bound with my fellow trainees today. It felt like a school trip, except that instead of yellow schoolbuses we got a nice coach. I've never been to outward bound before, so I was really psyched to go, plus the fact that it was a nice day to be outdoors made it a bonus. Indeed the weather couldnt be more cooperative and I had one of the bests day outdoors this summer. After being shut in the city for so long, it was great to be in touch of nature. I haven't seen so much greenery for a while. We were at a girl scouts site too, so the whole setting felt extremely summer campish, which was both familiar (through movies) and unfamiliar to me. Those who know me know I can only take nature in small doses, but days like these just make me want to buy a house on a farmstead with a creek running through it, to relax and enjoy life in its most unadulterated forms. We had a lot of fun playing stupid games and competitions to help "develop our leadership abilities". The whole tying everything back to "leadership, teamship etc" part is pure bs, but i think if tt's how we justify spending a day out of the office, then that's what we will do! Best part of the day was definitely free falling off a platform 20 ft above ground and then swinging between trees....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home