summer in the park
Enjoyed a night of free music at Central Park, courtesy of the New York Philharmonic. I love music and I love free events, so it seemed like a great deal. My housemate wanted to join me, but was suffering from a cold, and I was not going to be so mean as to drag her out in the open in the middle of the night to listen to the orchestra. So unfortunately, I went alone. Now, in New York City, you are kinda a weirdo, or a social pariah if you ventured out in the public all by yourself, or so it seems. There I was, squished in between numerous couples, old, young, straight, gay etc and the only single person I saw was this music fanatic who had a night lamp stuck onto his baseball cap to read the playbill musical notes. i was sitting behind a pair of over enthusiastic lovers too, so that kind of jarred my musical experience. Should I focus on the violin solo, or do I watch the people in front of me grope? ? ... suffice to say that despite distractions and feelings of inadequacy by being alone, I still really enjoyed the music. Bravo!!! Oh yah, I also spotted alot of fireflies in Central Park! Although they were definitely not as flashy as the fireworks set after the concert, the fireflies really lit up the fields in the middle of the night and added a sense of surreality. It was a truely magical night.
now the question is: After enduring a night of singledom at a couples event, should i go to the Shakespeare in the Park performance tonight alone again?
now the question is: After enduring a night of singledom at a couples event, should i go to the Shakespeare in the Park performance tonight alone again?

2 Comments:
i want to learn the Art of Independence from you! cos if it's me, i wld definitely not go alone...
i didnt!!! coz by the time i wanted to get the tickets, they have all been given out =p
come to nyc next summer n u guys can enjoy all the free events this city hosts... u will have something to do everyday!
Post a Comment
<< Home