The misadventures of Samantha, the pink cactus

Tales of me and my cactus (don't you dare die on me now) as we maneuver our way through nyc

Thursday, July 21, 2005

stolen moments

Have been undergoing training for the past 4 days before being suddenly and somewhat rudely notified that I dont need to, and will not be taking the licensing exam that I have been mugging for!!!! ARGH.... was extremely annoyed, but that pissy feel quickly gave way to relief (there was no way i could have passed the test) and euphoria, because while everyone else is studying hard this weekend, I will be free to do whatever I want! Like take a bus to DC to visit my most favorite Indonesian.
Isn't it great, especially when the firm is still paying me for "studying"? woohoo! this window of time that has suddenly been freed up is even more precious because it comes at a time when I thought i have lost all claims for any downtime for the next few months. After having spent time being a full time employee, albeit only for 4 days, I feel as though I already appreciate having time and space for myself a lot more. i guess that's just natural, since one always look back fondly at things they have already lost... then again, I should feel guilty for not being a productive member of society..hehe
the only productive thing i did today after lunch was to go to the moma. They have a really fascinating exhibit about the working relationship between cezanne and pissaro, the french modern painters. can't claim to know too much about their works before today, but it was really an eye opener to compare their styles and see how similar yet disparate two artists can interpret something, even when tackling the exact same subject matter... nice to know that artists can be friends and give inspiration to each other... wonder whether i will ever be someone's muse or inspiration? oh yah, i get into nyc museums for free and can bring up to 4 guests because the company is a corporate member of all the museums! isnt tt just wonderful?? another incentive to come n visit me, whoever u are!

1 Comments:

Blogger Belief in Life said...

u r getting cheemer alr (or were u alr cheem last time?). visiting art museums on a wkend. suddenly i feel tt my wkend has been spent on completely brainless stuff.

aniwae, let's work towards visiting u in NYC yah..when there's a dream, there's a hope. haha..

Sunday, 24 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home