breaking in the shoes
Went to work today, after a long period of inactivity. I did not sleep well the previous night, although I believe it was less due to overexcitement about the prospect of starting my new job than to the disturbingly visual images I had of the death of an impt person that popped out of my head while I was lying in bed. So for all the disappointment I expressed over my last post regarding the latest installment of hp, the book was still scary enough to spook me at night =p Anyways, it was pure luck that I woke up in time and got to the office without any incident. Even luckier that we had such an animated lecturer that I managed to stay away throughout the entire 8 hour lecture of the securities industry... And even if those little details he mentioned were tiresome to memorise, I still managed to leave the office feeling like I've learnt a fair bit, thus ending a rather productive day. It was also fun meeting new people and hanging out with last year's interns who also came back =) I have a good feeling about work!
Oh yah, so to tie this entry back to the title, the other females and I spent a lot of time today commiserating about how tight and uncomfortable our high heels were... Mine is definitely in need of some breaking in, there are already huge blisters where the back of my heels have once been =( The concept of breaking in and getting used to a new lifestyle and occupation should be the same as breaking in some new shoes. It'll hurt for a while, but it'll ultimately become more comfortable, and hopefully people will start taking notice of your work, like your gorgeous jimmy choos and start complimenting you for it!
so my feet hates me now, but it was totally worth it, coz my heels are so cute! and because someone told me taller people are generally more successful, and by wearing those gorgeous italian instruments of torture, I was about 3 inches more successful than i would have been without them today =p if only my feet would hurt less...
Oh yah, so to tie this entry back to the title, the other females and I spent a lot of time today commiserating about how tight and uncomfortable our high heels were... Mine is definitely in need of some breaking in, there are already huge blisters where the back of my heels have once been =( The concept of breaking in and getting used to a new lifestyle and occupation should be the same as breaking in some new shoes. It'll hurt for a while, but it'll ultimately become more comfortable, and hopefully people will start taking notice of your work, like your gorgeous jimmy choos and start complimenting you for it!
so my feet hates me now, but it was totally worth it, coz my heels are so cute! and because someone told me taller people are generally more successful, and by wearing those gorgeous italian instruments of torture, I was about 3 inches more successful than i would have been without them today =p if only my feet would hurt less...

2 Comments:
ARGH!!! XIGUA!!! WHY U SAY? I HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK YET!!!
3 INCHES! *in shock* n u wore them for 8 hrs!
in other news, i must b the most unsuccessful person then..hahah..=) to a certain extent, i agree with yr statement tt tall pple r generally perceived to b more successful though! sadness for me..haha..
Post a Comment
<< Home