trigger happy

Breakfast at Dadi (39 East Coast Rd) last Thursday consisted of the malay style curry puff, flat and deep-fried to a crisp, quite unlike Old Chang Kee's; mee rebus and roti prata. We also ate lontong, but unfortunately we were digging in so enthusiastically into the mildly spicy bowl of curried vegetables that we had finished about half a bowl before realising that I had not taken an pictures = p I foresee that this whole taking pictures before i eat routine is gonna take some time to become a habit =p
Next up was claypot rice night on Saturday at the claypot rice place on Lorong 33, Geylang. Clockwise from the top left (namesake claypot rice, tofu prawns that ruoying swears by, fried green beans with haybee crisps and steamed thai style fish) The food is as yummy as ever, and my favorite part of the meal was scraping the sides of the claypot for the dried up rice bits that have an added crunch. YUM... just munching on those textured rice crispies make me forget I am sitting on a makeshift table in a backstreet alley in one of Singapore's least savoury neighborhood... Only dampener was the overly pushy waitress who wanted to sell us everything on the menu (auntie, 5 people have limited tummy space), and virtually strong-armed us into ordering the fish (outside sell $12 bucks per 100 grams, now only $5bucks here leh, why you all don't want?). I know it is the food and not service or packaging that is the key to success to this particular business, but good service never fails to bring in a bigger tip, ever...
I missed a couple of meals in between this two (ie all the bintan pictures). well, its hotel food... but i'll update the pictures in a bit...
for now, its zzz time

1 Comments:
GAWD TOFU PRAWNNNNNNNNN
Post a Comment
<< Home