snowfall
It snowed last night while I was curled up in bed after a night of mah jong. Unlike the familiar day after snow scenes I've had in chicago, the snow in new york just doesn't seem to cut it. First, instead of a white expanse, I woke up to see slushy grey remnants of ice, testament to the city's infamous griminess. Secondly, it was rainy post the snow fall, and while it keeps the weather slightly warmer, doesn't make for easy walking. Still, i'm grateful for the snow. It reminds me that I'm no longer in chicago, and the fact that the first snow shower was a gentle one in december instead of a blizzard in october gives me hope that the daily walk to work every morning is not going to be the precarious journey I have to contend with, either walking to school or just between buildings while in Chicago.
Now I only hope the tourists will go away and stop making my journey crosstown miserable...
Now I only hope the tourists will go away and stop making my journey crosstown miserable...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home