life after dst
dst = daylight savings time
Its been a week since they turned daylight savings off (ie bring time back by an hour). I don't understand neither the historical background nor the logic of dst, but all i know is that I wake up with sunlight streaming through the window blinds instead of waking up in the dark, and my nights set in a lot earlier at 4:30 instead of 5:30 pm. After a week, I am not yet accustomed to the change, and wake up disoriented, as though I was jet lagged, and worried that I had overslept, with the sky so bright.
DST was never a problem in school, mainly because I did not need to wake up at 6 am everyday. Nonetheless, it was still a dampener whenever I walked out of class at 4 pm into total darkness. Its very depressing for the uninitiated. I expect it to be the same in new york as it was in chicago, where people's tempers are short and complaints are long and extended.
On the plus side, my cold is lifting and its unseasonably warm in the city right now... hope tt lifts my spirits a little.
Its been a week since they turned daylight savings off (ie bring time back by an hour). I don't understand neither the historical background nor the logic of dst, but all i know is that I wake up with sunlight streaming through the window blinds instead of waking up in the dark, and my nights set in a lot earlier at 4:30 instead of 5:30 pm. After a week, I am not yet accustomed to the change, and wake up disoriented, as though I was jet lagged, and worried that I had overslept, with the sky so bright.
DST was never a problem in school, mainly because I did not need to wake up at 6 am everyday. Nonetheless, it was still a dampener whenever I walked out of class at 4 pm into total darkness. Its very depressing for the uninitiated. I expect it to be the same in new york as it was in chicago, where people's tempers are short and complaints are long and extended.
On the plus side, my cold is lifting and its unseasonably warm in the city right now... hope tt lifts my spirits a little.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home