The misadventures of Samantha, the pink cactus

Tales of me and my cactus (don't you dare die on me now) as we maneuver our way through nyc

Sunday, August 07, 2005

night out with dad

The dad I am referring to is not my own papa but my housemate's dad, who is visiting from Singapore. He kindly invited me and our third roommate for dinner tonight at Benihana, and I am still stuffed right now despite walking home after the meal. It is nice being independent and self sufficient most of the time but alot of times, you get lonely too. So its really nice to have people visit from home and fuss over you, reminding you that you're not one woman or three girls against the whole world in this case. Even though my roommate doesnt show much pleasure at the thought of her dad visiting outwardly, I can imagine just how excited and happy she must be to be with her dad, albeit only for a few days... well, i'm going to get the warm fuzzy glow a person has when being around family in 2 wks time when ruoying visits too, although I suspect I will be fussing over her a lot more than receiving any attention from her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home