The misadventures of Samantha, the pink cactus

Tales of me and my cactus (don't you dare die on me now) as we maneuver our way through nyc

Sunday, December 11, 2005

to market, to market

I've had 48 hours of alone time this weekend, mainly lying in bed due to yet another cold. I swear my immune system has gotten much weaker ever since moving to New York.
Anyway, the only "fun" thing i got to do this wkend was go to the union square greenmarket. Yes, i consider going to a market fun. On weekends when I do not have plans or guests to entertain, I like to spend an hour or two in Union Square, specifically at the market. Its filled with fresh vegetables, fruits, warm baked goods and organic meat and poultry.
Because xmas is around the corner, the morning air is spiked with the the heady scents of fresh pine trees. I am so tempted to buy a xmas tree, but there is no way i can fit a good sized tree in my apartment, and dwarf trees are just wrong. That, combined with a freshly baked currant scone the size of a baby's head, the smell of warm cider on a cold but sunny day, and the looks of happy people (the only cheerful people in nyc) makes my weekend tick. I even lose my "grinch who stole xmas" demeanor once in a while and smile at the vendors. A most brilliant smile for the nice vendor uncle who sells me scones =D
so friends, come to new york! i'll buy you guys my favorite treat from the union square market!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home