My soul's satisfaction
Last week the pastor talked about finding one's soul's satisfaction in Christ and it hit me quite hard. To the effect that 6 days have past and I am still thinking about the message. How true that the material things do not fulfill you even when you think they do.
For example, my job. All the while I thought I was working to enrich myself and working really hard. But the moment my boss gave me my eval which to my standards wasn't good enough, i felt disappointed and a tad bitter. Even though the enrichment part was all there.
For example, my sis was so worried about her lack of a job up till 2 weeks ago that she couldn't sleep and was asking everyone she knew to pray for her to get a job. But the moment she got the job she wanted she was unhappy again about the prospect of working.
Lately, i've had more time on my hands and I feel like I'm a waste of space on the weekends. All i do is mull at home, go out, eat, and mull some more. I need to get busy with stuff... what to do?
For example, my job. All the while I thought I was working to enrich myself and working really hard. But the moment my boss gave me my eval which to my standards wasn't good enough, i felt disappointed and a tad bitter. Even though the enrichment part was all there.
For example, my sis was so worried about her lack of a job up till 2 weeks ago that she couldn't sleep and was asking everyone she knew to pray for her to get a job. But the moment she got the job she wanted she was unhappy again about the prospect of working.
Lately, i've had more time on my hands and I feel like I'm a waste of space on the weekends. All i do is mull at home, go out, eat, and mull some more. I need to get busy with stuff... what to do?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home